Free Software Foundation Palestine
(FSFP) is a non-profit organisation dedicated to the furthering of Free Software, and works to promote freedom in emerging digital societyMissionThe Free Software Foundation Palestine (FSFP) is a non-profit organisation dedicated to the furthering of Free Software, and works to promote freedom in emerging digital society. founded by Hatem Zyoud on 31 January 2012 to support the free software movement, a copyleft-based movement which aims to promote the universal freedom to create, distribute and modify computer software. The FSFP is City in Jenin , Palestine.Company OverviewAbout FSFP
- Self-Conception :
- The people of the Free Software Foundation Palestine (FSFP), see ourselves as Palestinians from different cultures with the shared goal of co-operation across cultures and of developing a common culture of co-operation from a regional to a global level.
- with common goals and visions. We are not representative for anyone but ourselves and our work. Our common work and dedication to freedom in all aspects of digital society is what defines us.
- We understand this sometimes means having to accept short-term or even medium-term disadvantages in order to remain true to our principles, which may be hard to communicate and occasionally even unpopular.
- In the light of substantial legal responsibilities and the need to remain decisive even in difficult times, our structure aims to implement the above principles as well as possible.
- Voluntary work and contribution is the fundamental on which everything rests. Different levels of involvement exist; level of involvement is primarily a personal decision.
- This approach was adopted in search of a structure that will allow transparency, pluralism and participation, at the same time remaining as lightweight as possible.